08 Mar Stuffed Mushrooms
Flavors of pea and coriander with a nutty finish. A vegan stuffed mushroom is a great option as an entree.
1 cup frozen baby peas
1/2 cup pine nuts
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 teaspoon garlic salt (I used Masterfoods)
3 sprigs of coriander
10 medium sized cup mushrooms
Spray can olive oil.
1/4 cup shaved almonds (decoration so optional)
NutriBullet or Blender
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Clean mushrooms, remove stalks (keep these, you can use them later in a stir fry).
- Put to one side.
- Steam or microwave ( approx.40 seconds with a little water) baby peas so they are just defrosted.
- Drain well.
- Combine peas, coriander, garlic salt, almond butter and pine nuts to blender or your Nutribullet.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fill Mushroom cups with pea purée.
- Spray olive oil on a baking pan.
- Place Mushrooms on baking pan and lightly spray tops of mushrooms with olive oil.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, timing will vary based on Mushroom size.
- While mushrooms are cooking lightly toast the shaved almonds in a non stick fry pan, this is done by moving them around over heat, no oil required and takes a few minutes. Put them to onside to use as decoration when serving. The nuttiness of the toasted almonds does add texture and interest to the overall flavour.
- Serve mushrooms hot from the oven sprinkled with the toasted almonds.
Beautiful as an entree, two to three per serve. Alternatively this is a great side to a roasted pumpkin or sweet potato.
Recipe by Catherine Carr