Budget-friendly vegan recipe.
1 cup rice and chia mix
1 tablespoon almond butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
Handful chopped coriander
1/2 400g can butter beans
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Rinse butter beans well then mash (keep the other half of the can to throw in a lunch time salad – they make a great addition to a nourish bowl).
3. In a bowl combine the rice chia mix, lemon juice, almond butter, coriander, sweet chilli and mashed beans.
4. Cut the capsicum length ways, scoop out the seeded part to make a hollow bowl.
5. Fill with a heaped scoop of the bean mix.
6. Place Capsicum on a tray lined with parchment baking paper. Cover each Capsicum half with a little tin foil over the filling – this keeps it moist and stops the mix going crunchy and hard on top.
7. Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until capsicum is soft.
8. Serve on a bed of rice and chia with a huge dollop of your favourite hummus, some sweet chilli sauce and a green salad mix.
Recipe by Catherine Carr