Kale Nourish Bowls
This recipe serves two and is a great lunchtime meal if you are looking for a vegan nourish bowl option.
Two hand full of chopped up kale
8 stalks of Asparagus
½ cup grated carrot
1 cup rice and quinoa mix
1 tablespoon currents
1 tablespoon pepitas seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon almonds and cashews
Half an avocado
1 small sweet Lebanese cucumber (finely sliced)
8 pistachio nuts
2 brazils (roughly chopped)
12 grape tomatoes (cut in halves)
Pot of shop bought Hummus
Container of shop bough Dhaka
1. Start off by blanching the Asparagus and Kale.
2. This is really easy to do.
3. Get your steamer going, once steaming add the asparagus for about a minute till it is slightly soft but still crunchy. Then empty into a bowl of cold water and ice. This stops the cooking process and retains the crunch.
4. Next stir the Kale around the steamer for less than a minute, it will turn a dark bright green and soften. At this point, through it in with the asparagus add more ice. Once both vegetables are cold pour into a strainer and blot with a paper towel to remove excess water.
5. Then add all other ingredients to a bowl, mix around then add Asparagus and Kale.
6. Serve with a large dollop of your favorite Hummus and top with Dhaka.
Recipe by Catherine Carr