Tangy ginger/ carrot hummus adds to the Moroccan spices to create this delicious vegan Moroccan salad.
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 cups pre cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cranberries
1/2 cup pepitas
8 snow peas
6 snow pea shoots (optional for decoration)
4 Tablespooons maple syrup
4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon Moroccan Spices (I used Masterfoods)
Carrot Ginger Hummus
180g Raw carrot
1 knob of ginger about tablespoon size
1/3 cup lemon juice
400g can of chickpeas
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
Nutribullet or Blender
- Mix Quinoa, carrot, coconut, pepitas and cranberries in a bowl.
- Wash, pat dry, then finely slice snow peas.
- Peel orange, slice and dice into small segments.
- Drain juice, place on a paper towel to further drain and add to salad mix.
- In a seperate container mix the maple syrup, lemon juice, tahini and Moroccan spices.
- Stir well so the tahini blends with the other ingredients.
- Add to salad mix, stir to distribute through the whole salad.
- Cover with glad wrap or transfer to a plastic container with a lid.
- Put salad in fridge.
To make Hummus.
- Steam Carrots and Ginger till soft ( around 10 minutes).
- Once cooked allow to cool.
- Place lemon, chickpeas, lemon pepper and cooled carrot and ginger into the NutriBullet or Blender.
- Lightly pulse to a rough textured Hummus.
Plate up with the salad as the base and a big dollop of hummus, and a sprig of snow pea shoot. Serves 6 so if making it for less people it keeps well overnight in the fridge for lunch. Just keep salad and hummus seperate till serving.
Recipe by Catherine Carr