07 Mar Berry-Coconut Muffins
A delicate moist morning tea.
20 mils egg replacement ( I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used Califia Farms)
1 1/2 cups spelt flour
1/3 cup stevia
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup liquid coconut oil
1 cup frozen raspberries
12 fresh raspberries (decoration optional)
1/3 cup icing sugar (decoration optional)
12 hole muffin pan
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add egg replacement to vanilla almond milk and whisk well, give it a few minutes for the binding powers to kick in.
- Mix dry ingredients flour, stevia, baking powder, coconut.
- Then add wet ingredients coconut oil, vanilla almond milk/egg replacement mix and mixwell.
- Make sure batter is smooth.
- Add frozen raspberries.
- Mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly into a 12 cup cake tray.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
To serve cut raspberries in half, place two halves on each muffin and sprinkle with icing sugar. They also taste nice with a dollop of your favourite coconut yoghurt. These muffins also freeze well, if freezing don’t decorate.
Check out for more vegan morning tea recipes here.
Recipe by Catherine Carr