05 Mar Jalapeno Zucchini
Vegan jalapeno zucchini – refreshing citrus flavours, perfect as a side dish.
350 g zucchini ( approx. 3 cups cut round slices)
60 g kale ( approx two leaves finely chopped no stalks )
400g can of chickpeas
160 mil lemon juice
3 sprigs coriander
2 sprigs mint
1/3 cup plain coconut yoghurt (I used Coyo)
NutriBullet or Blender
- This recipe is all done on the stove top.
- Rinse chickpeas and put them in a frypan, place to one side.
- Steam Zucchini until just soft around 5-6 minutes.
- Add Kale to steamer with Zucchini and steam for approximately another 2 minutes, its really important not to over cook these two ingredients as they will keep cooking in the final stages.
- Take off the stove top.
- Add Kale and Zucchini to Chickpeas in the fry pan, keep to one side.
- Cut Jalapeño in half and remove seeds.
- In your NutriBullet or blender combine lemon juice, coriander, mint, Jalapeño and coconut yoghurt.
- Now add to fry pan and heat all ingredients, bring to a simmer for a minute or two and serve.
This dish is lovely served on rice, quinoa or with a baked sweet potato.
It also keeps well in the fridge for lunch the next day. The recipe serves 2 as a main and 4 as a side dish.
Recipe by Catherine Carr