07 Feb Mango / Avocado Rolls
A great Sunday lunch with friends – vegan healthy lunch recipes
1 Apple ( Granny Smith is best)
1/2 cup chopped up rocket
1 small mango
1 small avocado
2 mini Lebanese cucumber
(1/2 packet) Hard tofu (375g size)
Sweet chilli sauce
- Squeeze both lemons
- Grate apples and pour half lemon juice over. Mix well to prevent browning.
- Slice up cucumbers into thin rounds, you need about 4 per roll.
- Cut avocado in half, thinly slice. Around 8 per side( 16 small pieces)
- Cut mango either side of seed. Peel and slice like avocado.
- Peel and slice into at least 8 slices.
- You use about half the 375g packet of tofu so cut in half and then slice that half into 8 thin strips.
- Spread almond butter on one side of each strip.
- Preparation in a production line works best for rolls so I line them up as follows..
- If you have never folded rice paper rolls before check out some you tube videos. It is a practice makes perfect game to make these look pretty. I can assure you they taste yummy, however don’t make practice day the day you have friends for lunch.
- I fold the bottom and top over the mixture.
Fold one side over the folded top and bottom then roll
Recipe by Catherine Carr