Cacao Bliss Balls
Your morning energy hit with vegan cacao balls.
1 Cup almonds
1 Cup cashews
4 tablespoons spoons chia seeds
3 tablespoons rice syrup
1 ½ cup dried dates
3 tablespoons raw cacao
2 cups desiccated coconut for rolling
Food processor essential
1. Put all ingredients, except the coconut, into the food processor. Pulse until mixture has a texture similar to pastry dough (it needs a quite few pulses, the mixture first transitions to a fine crumb before getting the more consistent dough like texture).
2. Then turn off processor, tip out mixture into a large bowl and roll into balls (size wise they probably should be about 1½ teaspoons per ball.
3. Roll them in desiccated Coconut place onto a plate and harden in the fridge.
4. Once hard, 30 minutes, you can transfer to storage in acontainer and keep in the fridge.
5. Remove from fridge five-ten minutes before serving.
These keep in the fridge for about a week, however a batch has never lasted that long in my house!
Recipe by Catherine Carr