27 Jul Teriyaki Apple Noodles
Teriyaki flavoured jackfruit is a versatile alternative to meat. The crunchy lemon marinated apples mixed with noodles and nutty peanut butter offer a flavour balance to the slightly sweet jackfruit. This is a healthy lunch option that my family love making.
Teriyaki flavoured Jackfruit ( I used Amazonia Tender Jack)
220g bag rice noodles
1 cup lemon juice
1 small red delicious apple
1/2 cup mixed crunchy sprouts
1/4 cup grated carrot
3 teaspoons peanut butter
1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- Place half the packet of Teriyaki Tender Jack in a fry and pan, put to one side.
- Cook rice noodles as per packet instructions, drain place to one side to cool.
- Thinly slice apple and place in a bowl with the sprouts and grated carrot.
- Pour over lemon juice and leave to marinate for 1/2 an hour.
- Then drain, keep drained lemon juice for noodle dressing.
- Put 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 3 teaspoons of smooth peanut butter in a heavy bottomed pan, heat to combine don’t bring to the boil, once combined quickly stir through noodle mix.
- Heat Teriyaki Tender Jack as per the pan instructions on the packet.
- Divide noodles between bowls ( serves 2 as a main meal – 4 as a side dish).
- Top noodles with a dollop of warm Jackfruit, sprinkle generously with the crushed peanuts and serve.
Left over Tender Jack Teriyaki works well heated in a taco shell with lettuce, fresh avocado, tomato and some rice.
Recipe by Catherine Carr