08 Jan Coconut / Cranberry
Another delicious and quick vegan breakfast recipe! This loaf is lovely as a breakfast alternative to a muffin.
3 cups white spelt flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 teaspoons egg substitute
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (Califia Farms)
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 cup cranberries
- Line loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, coconut.
- Stir in 1 cup of almond milk.
- Mix 1/2 cup almond milk with 2 teaspoons of egg substitute leave for a few minutes to thicken (this works best when well whisked).
- Add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil and mix really well to make smooth blended batter.
- Add 1 cup of cranberries and mix well to distribute cranberries evenly into the mix.
- Spoon mixture into loaf tin, ensure mixture is evenly distribute Bake for 50-55 minutes, test by lightly touching loaf, it will should feel firm with a nice crust by this stage.
- Leave in the loaf tin for around 15 minutes.
- Remove from tin and place on wire rack to cool.
- Remove baking paper at this point.
It tastes delicious fresh and can be topped with fresh raspberries, strawberries or banana. A dollop of coconut yoghurt is the perfect finishing touch. This loaf will stay fresh for two to three days in a cool well sealed container and responds well to toasting.
Recipe by Catherine Carr