19 Dec Pompom Bread
Pompom Bread is a gluten free, low sugar, breakfast option. Made with Pompom Paddock cauliflower flour mix. Offering an interesting alternative to traditional flours. The neutral flavour is enhanced with crushed pineapple, maple syrup, ginger, sultanas and pepita seeds. Pompom bread is delicious served slightly warm with coconut yoghurt and fresh berries.
450g can pineapple crushed in syrup.
1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal.
1 1/2 cups Pompom Paddock Cauliflower Flour Mix
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup pepita seeds
1/2 cup sultanas
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons almond butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
Berries, pepita seeds
Maple syrup ( optional )
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Drain syrup from tinned pineapple (use a fine sieve).
- Add flaxseed meal to almond milk place to one side for 5 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients flour, baking powder, ground ginger, pepita seeds, sultanas.
- Add drained pineapple.
- Add almond milk and flaxseed meal.
- Put olive oil, almond butter and maple syrup in a pan, gently warm to combine liquids.
- Add to other ingredients, stir really well.
- Pour in loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Serve slightly warm with coconut yoghurt, berries and pepita seeds.
*Note there is no added sugar. Natural sweetness is in the pineapple and maple syrup.
Recipe by Catherine Carr