10 Apr Peach Coconut Muffins
315g fresh peaches ( approximately 1 1/2 peaches- use the other half for decorating)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
4 teaspoons egg replacement powder
2 cups white spelt flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup coconut sugar (you can use brown sugar as a substitute)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
6 large dried peaches
2 tablespoons almond butter
1/4 cup liquid coconut oil
finely sliced peach slices
1/2 cup demarera sugar (this adds a caramelised glaze so worth doing, but not necessary)
- Preheat oven to 180degrees celsius
- Place 12 muffin wrapper into a muffin tray.
- In your blender; combine fresh peach (cut into chunks- no need to peel), almond milk, egg replacement powder, blend well place to one side.
- Combine dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, sugar, shredded coconut.
- Finely slice dried peaches, add to mix.
- Add blended wet ingredients to dry mix.
- Place oil and almond butter into a heavy bottomed pot.
- Over a very low heat stir ingredients until they melt into each other, warm only, do not bring to boil, this takes less than a minute.
- Pour warm oils into dry mix.
- Mix really well.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin wraps.
- Decorate muffins with a thin slice of fresh peach and a sprinkle of demarera sugar.
- Place in oven.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool in muffin pans for 5-10 minutes, then place on baking rack to cool.
Peach Coconut Muffins are an easy breakfast choice, great with morning coffee or a yummy afternoon tea. The light peach fragrance will fill your home while baking. A family favourite in my home.
Recipe by Catherine Carr