16 Aug Moghrabieh Salad
Moghrabieh salad is dressed with a light curry sauce. The bitterness of the rocket perfectly compliments the sweet strawberries and crunchy almonds sprinkled on each serving. We often have Moghrabieh Salad as a main meal (serves 4). This serving size would also work as a side dish ( serves 6-8).
1/2 cups Moghrabieh Couscous
4 handfuls rocket
2 handfuls of pea tendrils.
2 250g punnets strawberry’s
8 mini cucumbers
1/2 cup roasted almonds (raw also work)
1 teaspoon keens curry powder
1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil
1 tablespoon Almond butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook moghrabieh couscous as per packet instructions (I used Chefs Choice)
- Allow to cool.
- Combine dressing ingredients curry powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond butter, lemon juice in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Gently heat to combine oils and syrup, do not bring to the boil. This takes less than a minute.
- Mix through moghrabieth couscous then allow to cool in the fridge before serving.
- To serve, place on a bead of rocket and snow pea tendrils.
- Sprinkle with baby cucumbers, almonds and strawberries.
Recipe by Catherine Carr