03 Feb Gluten Free Muffins
These are spicy, light and moist, carrot gluten free muffins. An easy morning tea or breakfast solution. A healthy option for gluten free friends.
20 mils egg replacement (I use Bobs Red Mills)
1/2 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk ( I used Califia Farms – you could add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence to regular unsweetened almond milk)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup gluten free flour ( I used Bobs Red Mills, all purpose)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups grated carrot (lightly packed) approx. 2 small carrots
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
1 tablespoon almond butter
Small muffin tray
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add egg replacement and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder to unsweetened almond milk, whisk well, place to one side for binding powers to kick in.
- Combine dry ingredients gluten free flour, brown sugar, ground ginger and cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Add walnuts, raisins and grated carrot.
- Add maple syrup to egg replacement mix and whisk well , pour over dry ingredients, DON’T Mix at this time.
- Add liquid coconut oil and almond butter together in a small pan over a low heat and melt together. Just gently warm the oils, don’t boil or heat them, this takes less than a minute.
- Pour warm oils into muffin mixture, stir all ingredients to mix well.
- Spoon into muffin wraps, makes around 8.
- Cook at 180 degrees celsius for 45 minutes.
These gluten free muffins are fine served plain, however they could be iced with a lemon icing, sprinkled with icing sugar or served with some coconut yoghurt for something a little more special.
Recipe by Catherine Carr