23 Jul Curry Triangles
Jackfruit is an amazing meat substitute that works well in a number of savoury dishes. In this simple recipe the curry flavour is complimented with cashew butter and a hint of maple syrup, wrapped in crowd pleasing pastry triangles.
1 sheet frozen vegan light puff pastry.
1 packet Curry Jackfruit ( I used Amazonia Tender Jack).
18 baby spinach leaves.
5 teaspoons cashew butter.
1/2 cup maple syrup.
3 teaspoons black sesame seeds.
Roast some cherry tomatoes with a little white balsamic vinegar.
Or use a large dollop of your favourite tomato relish.
- Preheat oven to 220 C
- Cut pastry sheet into nine 8mm squares
- On one side place two spinach leaves, topped with a teaspoon of Curry Jackfruit.
- On the other side lightly spread the cashew butter to the edge of the triangle, this will help seal the edges.
- Fold over pastry into triangle shape, press edges with a fork to seal.
- Glaze with maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Repeat nine times.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes on 220 C.
- Serve with roasted cherry tomatoes or your favourite tomato relish.
You will have left over Tender Jack Curry , so this recipe can easily be doubled if you are catering for a crowd. Alternatively Tender Jack Curry is a fantastic flavour boost tossed in a vegetable stir fry.
Recipe by Catherine Carr