13 Feb Coconut Date Parfait
Coconut Date Parfait – Caramel flavours with crisp citrus topping.
1 cup chopped up dates (divide in half for topping and parfait mix)
1/2 cup boiling water
1 large navel orange
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 cup light coconut cream
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/3 cup Pomegranate seeds (to serve)
4 teaspoons coconut yoghurt (to serve)
Four dessert glasses
NutriBullet or similar
- Place half a cup of dates and half a cup of boiling water in a bowl.
- Leave to cool and allow dates to soften.
- Peel orange and cut into fine pieces, try and keep as much juice as possible with segments and place them in a bowl.
- Add dates and maple syrup to bowl.
- Cover with glad wrap and leave in fridge to marinate.
- Combine cooled dates and water with coconut cream in a NutriBullet and blend well.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add chia seeds and hand whisk well until chia seeds are well combined.
- Divide mature evenly into four glasses, around a 1/4 cup per glass.
- Place in fridge to set and cool, at least four hours, overnight is also fine.
- To serve divide date and orange mix evenly across the four glasses.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Top with a teaspoon of coconut yoghurt per glass.
- Sprinkle with any remaining pomegranate seeds a serve.
These can be served as a special breakfast treat. They also work well for a dinner party where you can replace the maple syrup with a tablespoon of Cointreau (yes, good news, Cointreau is vegan). Serves 4.
Recipe by Catherine Carr