20 Oct Cashew Satay Cups
Easy vegan Cashew Satay Cups are a vegan meal thats quick and nutritious. Cashew Satay cups are a lower fat version of traditional satay using almond milk instead of coconut milk.
85 g rice noodles ( I used Organi organic rice noodles)
60g baby sweet corn
75g capsicum ( approx. 1/2 capsicum)
165g mushrooms (approx. 5 medium sized cup button)
50g snow peas (approx.10)
2 tablespoons cashew spread ( I used macro)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon soy
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used Califia Farms)
2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce
1 teaspoon coconut sugar ( you could use brown sugar)
Sesame seeds to serve (I used black ones)
- Prepare rice noodles as per the packet instructions, place to one side.
- Prepare Cos lettuce cups, cut off bottom stalk, separate leaves, wash and lightly dry with a paper towel, place to one side ready for serving.
- Finely cut all vegetables and steam, I do this a vegetable at a time, even the mushrooms, each one is only a minute or two. This locks in maximum nutrition.
- As each vegetable is cooked place it in a bowl to one side, its all quite quick, and they keep each other warm each time you add a new vegetable.
- In a fry pan mix all sauce ingredients cashew spread, lemon juice, soy, almond milk, chilli sauce, coconut sugar.
- Stir over medium heat to mix ingredients, it will quickly bubble and thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in noodles and vegetables.
- Serve warm mix in cos lettuce cups.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
The almond milk makes this a lower fat version of traditional sauces which use coconut milk and I prefer the flavour. Its a good sized meal for two.
More Easy Vegan meals on Savoury Recipes.
Recipe by Catherine Carr